Last Sunday my 1001 days ran out. Admittedly I missed it. My commitment to the 101 things sort of tailed off a year or so ago. The list did not represent interests I had, or realistic goals. Yet looking at when I last updated it I was at 33 things.
Then looking at times I hadn’t updated it:
- That time I went to Paris, having run the Disneyland Paris Half. (85)
- All the new recipes I had tried. Probably not 15 week nights in a row, but I’ve definitely cooked 15 new things (12)
- I attempted to grow my own chilli plant but it didn’t end well. Little bugs appeared, so I put the plant outside and it died. Oops! (20)
- Not done a classic roast chicken dinner, but I do a mean spiced version. (21)
- Got advice on how to ice a cupcake at the Good Food Show (22)
- Definitely eaten at more than ten places at Glasgow! Current favourite places: Meadow Road Coffee, Papercup, Siempre Bicyle Cafe, Rioca, Cafezique/Delizique, Butterscotch Bakery, Bread meats Bread, Martha’s, Halloumi, Cubatas. Some coffee places, some tapas and naturally cake. (25)
- I have created a rough budget since starting my job. Some months are better than others! (37)
- Started to use the Yelp app and have reviewed one or two places! So same same but different for product views (46)
- Reviewed 75 books, but have definitely read 20 or so more to make the 100. Some not worth reviewing! (57)
- Written plenty of birthday cards and invites to things. (63)
- I watched the Disney parade (78)
- Watched plenty of sunrises and sunsets outside my flats. See Instagram for further proof (82)
- Visited Paris, mainly to run at Disney but still! (85)
- Got plenty of coffee table books/cookbooks (93)
33 + 14 = 47. 47 out of 101 is not too bad.
Looking back at the list I’ve changed a lot. Moving to Glasgow was harder than I ever expected as was starting a job. But this list did help me in a way I could never imagine. It helped me catch the running bug. Which I well and truely have. I’ve now completed my 1000 miles for the year (more on that soon.)
Going to start a new 101 in 1001 list. A few things will be: run a marathon, visit Iceland, make Yorkshire puddings from scratch, attend any form of cooking class.
Any other suggestions?