Making soup is surprisingly easy and also relaxing way to spend a weekend afternoon. As lame as it sounds, I find stirring really therapeutic and knowing that my lunch is all ready for the week also makes me feel more organised.
This week’s soup?! Thai Sweet Potato, Carrot and Tomato. You’ll need:
- One onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive Ool
- 3 gloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of thai curry paste
- Handful of baby tomatoes, chopped
- 8 large carrots, chopped
- 4 small sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1.5 litres of vegetable stock
- 1 can of coconut milk
The recipe couldn’t be any simpler:
- Chop all your vegetables.
- Add olive oil to the pan, with the onions and garlic and curry paste and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, sweet potatoes and carrots, fry for 5 minutes.
- Make the stock and add to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer on a low heat, to make a really thick soup.
- When the vegetables and stock have reduced to desired thickness, blitz with a handblender.
- Stir in the coconut milk.